Saturday, October 16, 2010

Canine Companions


So as you all know, I moved to Scotland in the beginning of September.  Unfortunately I was unable to bring my dog with me.  Ebony (or more commonly Bonini) is a five-year-old black boxer lab mix that I rescued while living up in San Luis Obispo, CA.  Currently she is living at my mom’s ranch and absolutely loves it! She gets to chase the quads around the pasture, go and hikes, and her favorite…go on car rides!

Ebony!
While here in Scotland, I would really like the companion of a dog or cat however that becomes a complicated situation for traveling and going home on school breaks.  I tried to convince my mom to let me get a snake since they do not need as much attention and don’t eat everyday.  However that idea was “ix-nayed” relatively quickly…haha! You might me wondering what the purpose of this blog is so here it is…a few days ago I welcomed a new canine companion into my home! My roommate and I have decided to name him Spike! Spike will be an integral part of my life as well as a helpful study aid for the next couple of years!  While many of Spike’s joints are permanently fused and he is unable to wag his tail when I walk through the door, he still manages to keep a grin on his face when we come home! He is the perfect dog, never barking at the neighbors or soiling the carpet! Hope you all will enjoy him has much as we do!

Spike!

No comments:

Post a Comment